Bluefin offers a challenging and rewarding work environment with competitive compensation, generous health benefits, 401K with company match, paid holidays/vacation/sick/personal time, casual dress and a tuition assistance program. Bluefin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Summary: Bluefin Payment Systems is looking for a Senior PHP Software Engineer to join their development team in Waterford, Ireland. The successful candidate will help build Payments and Security focused SaaS applications for our omni-channel security suite. We require a security conscious individual with strong problem-solving skills to enhance our card-present, e-commerce, mobile payments and data security offerings.
We are willing to hire remote workers with the expectation they are willing to visit the Waterford office periodically.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure high-quality, on-time delivery of cloud-based software applications.
- Maintain existing codebases; troubleshoot bugs and add new features.
- Architect and develop software that integrates with 3rd parties including: payment processors (First Data, Elavon, etc.), SaaS services and Partner platforms.
- Effectively collaborate with peers and internal stakeholders.
- Understand, reinforce and improve the SCRUM development methodology.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Senior-level hands-on experience with Frontend and Backend technology stacks.
- Ability to take initiative and contribute to new ideas required in a diverse, fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
- Experience with unit and integration testing.
- Experience using PHP frameworks.
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Mongo.
- Experience developing software for distributed systems.
- Hands-on experience with SECURE CODING techniques.
- Organization and analytic skills, with strong problem-solving ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with version control systems such as SVN or Git.
- Hands-on experience with LINUX.
- Experience in Payment Processing/transactional environments.
- Experience using common business software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and VISIO to visualize, discuss and present ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
- 5+ years creating complex, data-driven applications for the web.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Knowledge of Payment processing is an advantage.
Computer Skills: Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and CRM system with the ability to multi-task.
Who are we?
Bluefin is the leader in payment and data security. Period. We provide exceptional products and services that protect our clients against malicious hackers that continue to adversely impact nearly every industry. Our PCI-validated P2PE product was first to market and continues to help protect our clients and partners around the world, along with several recently launched products designed to protect PHI and PII. We are a winner in the marketplace and are looking for Business Development professionals to join our successful and highly motivated team! THIS IS A HUNTER ROLE.
The Director, Business Development is a highly competitive, results-oriented SaaS consultative sales professional, who is passionate about helping clients protect their data. This individual will sell our mission-critical SaaS products into a variety of verticals, including healthcare, retail, government/municipalities, travel, and other sectors. Our SaaS products are needed in every industry, and the incumbent will help ensure we drive complete market penetration. Working collaboratively with our Marketing and other internal teams, the incumbent will provide a client solution-oriented and consultative approach to sell PCI P2PE validated solutions and other PHI and PII products throughout their verticals, in addition to attending tradeshows and partner shows to promote Bluefin and our products. Our technology is universal and works with any software system, payment gateway or processor, and our PHI and PII products easily integrate into our client’s systems. Exceptional “hunting” capabilities and a desire to help protect the world from data predators will significantly contribute toward the incumbent’s ability to meet and exceed business goals.
We will ask you to:
- Create personal Business Plan to drive revenue creation and value to Bluefin and execute on a cadence of Sales activities to meet assigned targets.
- Leverage personal network and Sales opportunities generated by our Marketing Department to develop relationships, educate clients, and manage Sales opportunities throughout the entire sales lifecycle.
- Create a deep understanding of current and potential client needs through solutions/consultative selling, strong relationship building, and demonstrating exceptional business value to clients.
- Prepare and deliver professional Sales presentations to educate potential/existing partners on security-related regulatory matters, security risks, industry trends and security opportunities/solutions (validated vs non-validated PCI P2PE solutions, vaultless tokenization, etc.), designed to spark interest and generate opportunities.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to drive cross-product integration and cross-selling among our product solutions.
- Maintain excellent time management, administration, reporting and relationship management that will result in referrals and sales opportunities.
Qualified candidate profile:
- 2-5 years of SaaS Sales experience, selling security-related products and services as an individual contributor at a Director level or above
- Exceptional consultative Sales performance record with proven capabilities to sell security-related, technology products throughout several verticals.
- Proven ability to leverage own network to create meaningful lead generation and manage Sales pipeline via Salesforce.
- Results-oriented and dynamic SaaS Sales professional effective at building and executing on an individual Sales/Business Plan that will generate meaningful leads and close opportunities
- Effective at managing and closing multiple leads within a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Sophisticated use of LinkedIn, Salesforce, Yesware, and other related tools to uncover and engage with potential clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of work experience.
If you are interested in joining our team, please fill out the form below and attach your resume.