Position Summary: The Director, ISV Business Development will adopt a solution-oriented approach to sell our PCI P2PE and/or PayConex validated solutions to Integrated Software Vendor (ISV) organizations. The Director will drive business development opportunities and must excel in both a sales-facing and program management role. The Director will support the sales efforts to achieve optimum sales, new account productivity, profit and company objectives. This position is accountable to revenue objectives and tracking/reporting portfolio performance. THIS IS A HUNTER ROLE.
- Must be business savvy, articulate a clear explanation of Bluefin’s value proposition, communicate products/solutions Bluefin offers today and understand industry trends.
- Collaborate with strategic partnership organizations, sales channels, product managers, and technical staff to deliver new business opportunities by identifying and exploring potential relationships. Work closely with sales channels and product managers to facilitate partner interactions.
- Prepare and deliver formal business development presentations to potential/existing partners, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of Bluefin’s solutions, the payments industry, and the partner’s current and future needs.
- Demonstrate Product/industry knowledge including ISVs, Developers, VARs, retailers, distributors, dealers, and licensees.
- Manage lifecycle of business development opportunity from initial partner contact through program launch; leverage team members that manage certification process to Bluefin’s platforms
- Proactively educate partner organizations regarding industry compliance mandates (PCI, etc.).
- Update Salesforce daily with call reports, weekly work plans, pipeline information, etc.
- Meet and exceed agreed upon Sales targets and objectives and adjust strategic Sales direction as needed to exceed expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or successful job experience required
- Minimum of five (5) years of payments industry and business development experience with a track record of over-achievement.
- Minimum of two (2) years of SaaS sales experience, and Gateway experience is highly preferred
- Proactive leader who is results-oriented, dynamic, and at ease with public speaking/presenting.
- Proven ability to understand collaborative partnerships with a track record of solidifying and monetizing those relationships.
- Strong ability to work within a team, collaboratively solve problems and remove obstacles.
- Ability to adapt communication skills to audience – executive, technical, marketing, etc.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once in fast paced, changing environment.
- Experience using tools like LinkedIn, Salesforce, Yesware, to uncover and engage with qualified prospects.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Salesforce.
Who are we?
Bluefin is the leader in payment and data security. Period. We provide exceptional products and services that protect our clients against malicious hackers that continue to adversely impact nearly every industry. Our PCI-validated P2PE product was first to market and continues to help protect our clients and partners around the world, along with several recently launched products designed to protect PHI and PII. We are a winner in the marketplace and are looking for Business Development professionals to join our successful and highly motivated team! THIS IS A HUNTER ROLE.
The Account Executive is a highly competitive, results-oriented SaaS consultative sales professional, who is passionate about helping clients protect their data. This individual will sell our mission-critical SaaS products into a variety of verticals, including healthcare, retail, government/municipalities, travel, and other sectors. Our SaaS products are needed in every industry, and the incumbent will help ensure we drive complete market penetration. Working collaboratively with our Marketing and other internal teams, the incumbent will provide a client solution-oriented and consultative approach to sell PCI P2PE validated solutions and other PHI and PII products throughout their verticals, in addition to attending tradeshows and partner shows to promote Bluefin and our products. Our technology is universal and works with any software system, payment gateway or processor, and our PHI and PII products easily integrate into our client’s systems. Exceptional “hunting” capabilities and a desire to help protect the world from data predators will significantly contribute toward the incumbent’s ability to meet and exceed business goals.
We will ask you to:
- Create personal Business Plan to drive revenue creation and value to Bluefin and execute on a cadence of Sales activities to meet assigned targets.
- Leverage personal network and Sales opportunities generated by our Marketing Department to develop relationships, educate clients, and manage Sales opportunities throughout the entire sales lifecycle.
- Create a deep understanding of current and potential client needs through solutions/consultative selling, strong relationship building, and demonstrating exceptional business value to clients.
- Prepare and deliver professional Sales presentations to educate potential/existing partners on security-related regulatory matters, security risks, industry trends and security opportunities/solutions (validated vs non-validated PCI P2PE solutions, vaultless tokenization, etc.), designed to spark interest and generate opportunities.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to drive cross-product integration and cross-selling among our product solutions.
- Maintain excellent time management, administration, reporting and relationship management that will result in referrals and sales opportunities.
Qualified candidate profile:
- 3-5 years of SaaS Sales experience, selling security-related products and services as an individual contributor
- Payments experience is a PLUS, but not required
- Consultative Sales performance record with proven capabilities to sell security-related, technology products throughout several verticals.
- Proven ability to leverage own network to create meaningful lead generation and manage Sales pipeline via Salesforce.
- Results-oriented and dynamic SaaS Sales professional effective at building and executing on an individual Sales/Business Plan that will generate meaningful leads and close opportunities
- Effective at managing and closing multiple leads within a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Sophisticated use of LinkedIn, Salesforce, Yesware, and other related tools to uncover and engage with potential clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of work experience.
The Director of Credit Risk Underwriting (CRU) is responsible for the operational activities for Credit, Risk and Underwriting (CRU) function within Bluefin. The candidate will be required to develop a strong knowledge of both front and back-office processes, systems and teams to help execute day-to-day operations. Accountability for identifying, reporting, troubleshooting, and resolving daily production Underwriting and Risk queues, as well the ability to clearly and accurately communicate both verbally and written to all business functions and al levels of management.
Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned:
- Analyzing current processes to understand risk and work to mitigate risk factors by improving processes and procedures.
- Promotes a strong and balanced risk management culture and demonstrates rigorous credit analysis in the underwriting and portfolio management processes.
- Manage the merchant underwriting and risk monitoring processes to address adverse action and the prevention of financial loss.
- Perform moderate to highly complex research (qualitative and quantitative), credit, financial and operational analysis, and monitoring of performance data in order to assess and manage potential risk factors.
- Support the VP of Operations in performing analysis of the above data on all processor and proprietary platforms, including monitoring, assessing/recommending, and reviewing. Regularly monitor the trends within portfolios, partner and applicant base, to mitigate potential exposure to future loss.
- Uses strong analytical skills to autonomously and proactively make risk decisions, escalating to and collaborate with management on any complex situations, along with recommended actions to take.
- Support governance routines, contribute to and potentially lead cross-functional projects, as well as provide operations coverage as a key SME.
- Demonstrate strengths in work production, work quality, prioritization, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Research and troubleshoot issues for Bluefin clients on both internal and external systems.
- Support commercial organization on any prospective merchant discussions.
- Support KPI reporting and provide management recommendations for improvement and high risks
- Ensure all internal stakeholders (Finance, Commercial, Operations, Technology, Executive Management) are apprised of status, issues, and risks
- Support VP Operations with processor audits and addressing any findings
- Answer daily questions from operations team and act as point of escalation
- Liaison between operation vendors for change management and issues resolution
- Represent Bluefin in a positive, professional manner when working with both internal and external customers
Qualifications and Experience: To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- 8-10 years merchant operations experience in the payments space, specifically managing credit, risk and underwriting
- Minimum of 5 years management experience, specifically managing credit, risk and underwriting, and attracting, developing and retaining top talent
- Successful vendor management and relationship building/maintenance capabilities
- Excellent communications skills, including interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to prioritize work, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet business deadlines
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, along with flexibility to adapt to change
- Strong analytical and reporting capabilities, with at least intermediate skill level in Excel, Salesforce, and other related computer tools
- Working knowledge of AML, KYC legislation and industry trends and solutions.
Nice to have:
- Experience on Risk Management tools a benefit (i.e. LexisNexis, Experian, VikingCloud etc)
- Risk management qualification (CAMS or equivalent) desired.
Ready to be inspired, challenged and liberated to do your best work? Bluefin is a passionate group of technologists, marketers and innovators changing the world of data security and the flow of information. Not only were we the first company in North America to achieve PCI-validated P2PE certification, we continue to lead the way in payment and data security. Your work here won’t just help protect companies from hackers and data breaches. You’ll be on the vanguard of protecting the modern economy.
Here’s why our team members love their careers
- Generous Employee Value Proposition
- Highly Innovative Environment
- Flexible and Remote Working Environment
- Investment in Career and Professional Development
- Care and Nurture of the Team
- Winning Culture!